For the people who have been regularly checking my blog, I made a mistake the last time I posted so it came up further down on the page. My last posting was called Jeddah, you can find it on the side bar or just scroll down about 3 or 4 postings. Sorry about that. Also I will be moving today and don't know if I'll have easy computer access in the next location. (P Humphrey)
Comments and questions from students.
Hi from Room 305
That was really cool seeing you with the camel--did he spit?
The camel that I was with did not spit but others did.
We noticed you are not wearing your head-covering (what was it called)?
The head covering that we will have to wear when we go to Riyadh on Friday is called a hijab. In Jeddah they are not as strict and so we only have to wear the abaya.
Jill wanted you to know that her great-uncle lived in Saudi Arabia for five years. She will find out where.
I wonder who he worked for? There are a lot of American people who work for Aramco, our sponsor company.
Did the roller coaster van ride make you queasy?
The van did not make me queasy but it did make me want to cover my eyes and scream.
What's the temperature?
The temperature has been about 90 degrees F but we are in air conditioning most of the day and at night there has been a very nice breeze so we have only felt it for short periods of time.
Is it hard to be driving around so much?The most difficult handicap here has been lack of sleep. We are all just pretty tired.
Thanks for posting your interesting and fun-to-read posts.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment